** Changed in: canonical-devices-system-image

** Changed in: canonical-devices-system-image
    Milestone: ww19-ota => ww22-2015

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to upstart in Ubuntu.

  segfault in log.c code causes phone reboot loops

Status in the base for Ubuntu mobile products:
  In Progress
Status in Upstart:
  In Progress
Status in upstart package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  We recently started getting reprots from phone users that their
  devices go into a reboot loop after changing the language or getting
  an OTA upgrade (either of both end with a reboot of the phone)

  after a bit of research we collected the log at
  http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/10872934/

  this shows a segfault of upstarts init binary in the log.c code:

  [    6.999083]init: log.c:819: Assertion failed in log_clear_unflushed:
log->unflushed->len
  [    7.000279]init: Caught abort, core dumped
  [    7.467176]Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
exitcode=0x00000600