I'm seeing something very much like this (same syslog messages, e.g.)
but the differences are:

1) It's on a wired interface (802.1x wired)
2) Suspend isn't involved; it never works
3) Wireless 802.1x works perfectly on the same machine (although I haven't
tried suspending it; it's my work machine and is always lid-open in a dock)

Hardware is a new ThinkPad W541 with Ultradock (but wired 802.1x doesn't work
undocked, either).
OS is a fresh install of Ubuntu 15.04.

I'll try switching to Upstart later today and see if that helps; FWIW, I
booted a live 14.04 DVD and wired 802.1x didn't work there, either, so I
don't have high hopes for Upstart, but I'll try it.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to dbus in Ubuntu.

  wpa_supplicant[874]: dbus: Failed to construct signal after 'suspend'

Status in dbus package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:

  The Wifi network can't connect after the wake up from suspend. Xubuntu
  15.04

  I'll post more useful details (journalctl log) as a comment to this
  bug report.

  Package: dbus 1.8.12-1ubuntu5
  Uname: Linux 4.0.0-040000rc5-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.17-0ubuntu1
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: XFCE