BTW, let's not lose focus here. The original bug is about the fact that,
other than the thumbnail, there is no indication whatsoever as to the
identity of the video. No filename, no date/time. I've been annoyed by
this in the past too. In particular, when taking a bunch of test videos,
I just have the phone sitting somewhere and I hit the record button a
few times. When it comes to figuring out which video I'm dealing with, I
don't get anything. What I see are five or six very similar thumbnails,
with no way to get more info about a particular video.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to gallery-app in Ubuntu.

  BQ E4.5 (r24): Gallery app is showing thumbnails of viedeos without
  any indication of content

Status in Canonical System Image:
  New
Status in gallery-app package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in gstreamer1.0 package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in thumbnailer package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in gallery-app package in Ubuntu RTM:
  New
Status in thumbnailer package in Ubuntu RTM:

  The Gallery-->Photos is showing for videos no indication about the
  content. It could present, for example, at least the date and time
  from the filename of the video. Without this it is impossible to pick-
  up the desired video. See attachment.