Let's try and troubleshoot the specific problem of ubuntu-bug not
working. Could you please describe in more detail from where you were
trying to use ubuntu-bug and provide the exact command that you were
using? e.g. "ubuntu-bug apport" would be used to report a bug about
apport.

** Package changed: ubuntu => apport (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: apport (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apport in Ubuntu.

  ubunt-bug aborts

Status in apport package in Ubuntu:

  In a lot of places we are told to use ubunt-bug to trip apport to send
  bugged information somewhere. When you use the said app, it panics and
  exits out, not reporting anything. It produces no error code.

  I tried two different ways to report a kde-session bug and got thrown
  back to a terminal one time and told I was using non-standard X
  packages another time, which is an outright LIE as I am using kubuntu
  live media(14.04.3). Users will find this application difficult to use
  and therefore either not use it or not know where to turn to file
  bugs.

  Launchpad is suggested but filing a launchpad bug is bugged in
  itself.(another bug report) Then there is the method using
  errors.ubuntu.com instead of launchpad. The reporting method and such
  needs to be more centralized and standardized.There is no reason why
  errors have to sent in seperately, they can be attached to launchpad
  reports. Asking a user to reboot after updating is pointless on a live
  cd. It accomplishes nothing.