Nowadays the wizard lets you select the 4-digit pin code and set it, but
it's actually still the passphrase set during flashing. For ease of use
purposes, I now everytime go to system settings to really switch from
0000 passphrase to 0000 4-digit passcode manually.

  [wizard] 4-digit passcode code gets set incorrectly as "passphrase" on
  first run

Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu:

  After setting the 4-digit passcode on the first run, the user
  encounters she needs to type the passcode with the normal qwerty
  keyboard instead every time when unlocking the phone, instead of the
  easy passcode entering.

  Reproduced once again after flashing my mako with --bootstrap from
  mako rtm 120 (=krillin rtm 143).

  Workaround: go to Lock security settings, change to 4-digit passcode
  manually.