mark25;566561 Wrote:
> Also a few question about Touch an HD:
>
> Is it necessary to let the power on for the harddisk?
> Or can you switch it off every evening.
> What happens when you want to play your music on the touch and you
> are forgotten to switch the harddisk on?

No Music unless you switch to MySB.com for an Internet Stream. If one
is running TinySC and the HD is off there is no access to local
files/music.

I don't like the current behavior of when a HD goes to sleep or is
powered down with TinySC still running. And since one can't do anything
anyway, my suggestion is if one is going to save the few watts of
letting the HD sleep or be turned off, one might as well Eject the USB
Drive and unplug the Touch also.

When using TinySC, I just let the HD and Touch stay running. We are
talking less then 9 Watts for a Touch and USB powered USB Drive.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5
Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide
AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Second Boom