sprint wrote:
> My setup comprises of a Vortexbox connected to a SBT via an Ethernet
> cable, which is configured in EDO mode. The SBT is then connected to a
> MDAC via a USB cable. All controlled remotely via an iPad air with ipeng
> installed.
>
> I ripped all my CD's about a year ago and at that time all tracks played
> back without any problems. However, just recently ALL tracks now jump or
> skip at least once and sometimes twice, when played.
>
> The skipping/jumping is fairly random but is generally towards the
> beginning of a new track.
>
> Have there been any problems of this nature associated with using the
> EDO mode?
I guess the first question is 'what has changed'?  I assume your MDAC
hasn't had any updates?

As far as I know EDO hasn't had any updates for quite a long time.  What
version of LMS are you on?  Has it been updated?  Do you use any
plugins, and if so which ones?  Have they been updated recently?  Are
your CDs ripped as FLACS in 16 bit 44.1 mode?

Have you checked that all the ethernet cables/switches etc, and the USB
cable, are seated properly?

I use fully up-to-date Vortexbox software and the latest LMS 7.8.0 for
VB.  I send the flacs to the Touch using PCM rather than FLACs. My Touch
is connected to my DAC with coax.  The only trouble I have had is that
when the VB has hibernated a few times (using one of the power plugins)
it starts getting pauses towards the end of tracks.  I prevented this by
shutting down the VB rather than hibernating it.

LMS 7.8 on VortexBox Midi, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. Touch with
EDO on Ethernet, coax out to a Musical Fidelity M1 CLiC. Wireless
Xubuntu laptop controls server using Chromium.   Meridian Explorer USB
DAC to listen to LMS via Squeezelite on Vortexbox & other PCs as
required.  Spare Touch in loft!