Hello,

I am a long time reader of this forum, an unvaluable source of
informations and hints, but recently I found almost by chance something
so unexpected that I registered expressly to communicate it.

I have a SBT, with 7.8 firmware and EDO 0.9 enhanced output. On PC, LMS
7.9 with DSDPlayer.

I connected recently my SBT to my new DAC, Denafrips Pontus, which I
reviewed here:
https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/denafrips-pontus-r2r-discrete-ladder-dac.22389/reviews

Using the USB output, DSD64 is correctly played and recognized by the
DAC, but with DSD128 only noise is produced. BUT switching output to
coaxial, not only DSD64 is played, but also DSD128, only at a bit lower
volume, and recognised as PCM 176/24.

So far so good. I am not able to explain this, but maybe you can. I can
add that DAC SPDIF receiver is AK4118.