Firstly, I apologize if this is a silly question, but I have never used
an external DAC before, only the SBT's built in one by plugging an
optical cable into my Denon AVR.

I've just bought an Oppo UDP-203 Blu-ray player which features a built
in 32-bit DAC from AKM, the AK4458VN, which is an 8-channel DAC with
support for formats such as 192 kHz / 32-bit PCM and multi-channel DSD.

I'm trying to find out if I can run my SBT through the Oppo to take
advantage of the AKM DAC. The majority of my music files are either
24/96 or 24/192 flacs from ripping my extensive vinyl collection.

>From the Google searching I've done so far I get the impression I can by
connecting a coax cable between the SBT and the Oppo.

However, that's all I can seem to find at the moment. I'm looking for
more detailed instructions.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.