Koelboy wrote:
> I'm not really understanding how connecting the Touch to a powered hub
> doesn't connect the power lines on the touch usb to an external PSU, but
> I think it's also irrelevant when using an external DAC... as long a sit
> doesn't hurt the Touch.

Because it's designed not to, which is why I suggested it!

It's still relevant. You mess with a devices power lines and it can
interfere with WiFi or cause it to become unstable. Personally I'd
consider it at best a nasty hack and even then i wouldn't consider a y
cable unless I am taking two supplies from the *same* device. I would
not consider bridging two separate power supplies with it. Particularly
not on a several hundred pounds obsolete rare music player as one of
them!

Note that SSDs often spike to several times their rated power
consumption during write operations or garbage collection. Consider
yourself warned at what a bad idea I think this is.. ;)

-Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk-

--
Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with
Debian+LMS 7.9.0