sgmlaw wrote:
> These WAV bandwidth and storage arguments are so 2003.  Anyone having an
> issue moving a WAV stream around wirelessly in 2019 needs to get a new
> router.
>
> Most of these audio file formats and their resulting streams are a
> trickle compared to even a 1080i file video stream, let alone a 4k one.
>
> Any touch should have no problems handling up to 96/24 on a modern
> wireless connection, even on a G signal.  A near perfect connection is
> needed if you are going to pass a 192/24 signal through one, but it is
> very do-able.
>
> But 9000k is approaching ridiculous for any audio stream.  If that is
> happening, transcode that down to something under 4000k.

Yes I have a new router , however the old Squeezebox Touch OP is using
is only compatible with older wifi standards and thus not as fast as one
would like , besides squeezebox wifi have never been on top off things
.

So the 2003 aproach still has merit when using old original squeezbox
hardware .

And i also have the 1990 pow that stationary equipment can/should be
wired as they dont move and the wire will always fit , why a complicated
radio sulotion for estethic or lazyness reasons ? :)

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )