Man in a van wrote:
> Hi Chris
>
> As the connections used to work and now don't, you need to try a process
> of elimination :)
>
> Using the Nano, first make sure the battery is charged
>
> Then swap the usb connection lead
>
> Then try adding a passive usb hub between the SBT and the Nano
>
> If possible replace / change the power supply for the SBT
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> ronnie

Thanks for the response:
Nano is bus-powered but it was discharged when I added it to the mix.
Same methodolgy for the xDSD which has a separate power and i did not
get any connection.  I will revisit.
USB connection lead: I have separate leads for the iFis (iFi supplied
blue) and I swapped them in my tries.
PS: I might have something else that fits but not holding my breath.
Everything is working...if i start playing a tune the SBT shows it is
playing...just no sound

...which makes me think:
It is possible the USB port on the SBT has gone bad but the location is
good and static.  It literally did not move for 12+ months until I
started messing with it.  I purchased the SBT within months of it being
released which makes it...10 years or more?