Paul Webster wrote:
> Presumably because the software in the SB device has some logic in it
> that says something like ....
>
> I recognise this SSID as one that I have been configured for before so
> use the credentials that I have already stored.
> Then on failure it does not prompt for a different password.
> The other thread that is linked to from here seems to confirm that.

Though the solution proposed there - and which folks report as effective
- seems to be based on the SB device prompting on failure to *reconnect*
to a known SSID after temporarily trying an entriely different SSID....
Even when the initial SSID (in which the password has been changed) is
stored in the device as a Saved Network.  Odd, IMHO.

Anyway, though I have no memory of doing all this in any particular
order, I'm stocking away in my mind that the easiest way, maybe, to
avoid the issue is to make an SSID name-change as well as a password
change, when the latter is needed for some reason.  After all, every
device - not just SBs - will need to have its password reset, so
pointing to a new SSID is probably at most one extra button-press in the
process.

The other thing that struck me in the older thread was the suggestion
that network change issues on SB devices can involve scrolling down past
the bottom of the screen, or waiting to read the whole of a sideways
scroll.  Not always obvious that you need to do so.  And that has fooled
me a couple of times when doing set-ups or fault-finding - the option I
needed was there, but I couldn't see it.  There was something in a
recent thread about choice of font size somewhat obscuring a necessary
option.....

LMS 8.0.1 (1606118512)
Win10
Control: Web GUI; sometimes OrangeSqueeze on Android phones / pads

Machines / devices are in France, in two locations.
a) Livebox 4
Internal HDD (FLAC music; mp3 voice), Desktop
3 x Touch - 2 wireless, 1 LAN. (7.8.0-r16754)
3 x SB Radios [2 wireless, 1 LAN] (7.7.3-r16676)
1 x Riva Arena (via Airplay LMS PlugIn)

b) Freebox
External SSD (all mp3), WiFi Laptop
1 x Touch LAN (Firmware:7.8.0-r16754)