Just so you're up to date, I'd suggest installing the current LMS beta:
http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/index.php?ver=8.2

Then, go into LMS Settings > Plugins and enable the "Community Firmware
for Touch/Radio/Controller" and "Material Skin" plugins.  This will
prompt a server restart.  It may take a day or so, but your Touch should
eventually prompt you to install the newest firmware.

Open a browser on your iPhone and go to
http://[your.LMS.server.IP]:9000/material to manage playback.

I'm not a user of TIDAL, but it might require the EDO applet if you are
trying to play files above 24/96; in any case, it won't hurt anything to
install it:
[TOUCH] Settings > Advanced > Applet Installer > (at the bottom enable
"Reinstall after Firmware Update") > Enhanced Digital Output

Appreciate your offer to ASR.  Let's get the Touch completely updated
and working as you expect before you send it.