On Sun, May 14, 2023 at 9:36 PM Rob Landley <r...@landley.net> wrote:

> On 5/14/23 23:47, Rob Landley wrote:
> > So after some head scratching and false starts, what I'm currently
> leaning
> > towards doing is:
> >
> > 1) add units to ulimit like you did.
> > 2) keep prlimit mostly like ulimit, but have it show/accept bytes.
> > 3) have prlimit with no arguments default to -a (show all)
> > 4) Add the HARD:SOFT parsing (to both). Keep ulimit's no-colon default
> to soft
> > and make prlimit's no-colon default be "both".
> > 5) Remove the multi-argument exclusions, go ahead and output all the
> enabled
> > ones (with -a enabling all), but output them in alphabetical order
> instead of
> > command line order. (This means the ulimit -c -c -c thing... ain't
> gonna?)
>
> 6) Maybe add -B to ulimit for "bytes" and poke Chet. :)

i'd be curious to hear his opinions on things like "8m" anyway. just
knowing that toybox pretty much always accepts that is for me one of the
things i like most about the toybox implementations of things. i love bytes
for machine-machine communication, and i hate _implicit_ scaling, but i
love being able to just throw in a k/m/g wherever...