Hi.  I'd like to submit this patch to the Trac development team, presuming it's
actually useful (or still not addressed) but don't know how, so I'm hoping this
is useful.

The use case is when you want a ticket to be assigned to original reporter.
Our company uses this as a enforced QA step.  i.e. if you created the ticket,
then you're on the hook to close the ticket.

This would be at or around line 279 on the file: ticket/default_workflow.py

    279              elif operation == 'set_owner_to_reporter':
    280                 if ticket['reporter']:
    281                    updated['owner'] = ticket['reporter']
    282                 else:
    283                    updated['owner'] = ''

If this is useful or matters, credit should go to Subramanian Peruvemba aka
"PV"  :)

Best,

Vincent