This is something I hadn't thought would be useful, as I think there are plenty
of workarounds to get a similar effect, but I wanted to know what the group
thought of this idea:

Encryptable Wiki pages that can only be unlocked by either a specific password
and/or a specific username/password combination.

Client wants a place to store usernames/passwords, but doesn't want to store it
on a wiki as you could work around the wiki to get the information.  I've
suggested just placing a zip file with a password as an attachment on the wiki,
but he really wants this notion of an encryptable wiki --- it's stored in the
database encrypted so that only users with a specific password can read what
it's saying.

I guess you could rig up an AJAX DOM sweep that took a given document through
some form of reversible encryption, but I have no idea how secure one can make
any reversible encryption scheme if, at the end of the day, a password is
involved.

Thoughts on the idea and possible implementation?

Thanks,

Vincent