After struggling with multiple (~13) disparate tracs I've built a system to
merge them down to two tracs. We're using wiki namespacing
(Project/ReleaseNotes), and added a custom ticket field called "Project."
We're using the excellent 0.12 MultiRepository branch plus a mercurial
forest to keep separation.

This is not the ideal solution, but so far it seems to be the most light
weight and flexible method. We think it will serve our needs well, and I'll
be sure to post back with experience in a few months.