[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Jun 4, 10:23 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> Hi all.
>>
>> Ok, I have played with trac a bit, and some other supporting tools and
>> plugins, etc.  I managed to get my hands on a server to "properly"
>> host it on for our use internally.  The upper IT folks just refuse to
>> give us an outward facing server.  So all of our outsources, will get
>> vpn, or onsite access only, bummer, but a small step in the right
>> direction.
>>
>> That said, the server we are getting is running windows.  I have seen/
>> browsed the "on windows" wikis out there, and all seems good.  here is
>> what I "hope" to run, and really just need to know if there are any
>> "gotchas" I need to know about ahead of time.  I also will have admin
>> rights on the box, but am not an IT admin anymore, so my windows
>> server knowledge is, well, lame nowadays.
>>
>> anyway:
>>
>> * assumption: running Apache on windows.
>> Trac
>> Subversion
>> probably php and all that jazz, although, at this moment, I have no
>> need for it.
>> the following plugins I am hoping to go with:
>> TimingAndEstimation
>> TracIniAdmin
>> TracAccountManager
>> TracUserManagerPlugin
>> XMLRPC plugin
>> MasterTicketsPlugin
>> and probably the black magic one.
>>
>> Will have custom workflow, and probably have a handler hook as I want
>> to do some stuff behind the scenes on one of the transitions of the
>> workflow.
>>
>> Ok, I am sure there are other I might want, or "NEED" but I KNOW I
>> would like those.  That said I also "want" to do the following:
>>
>> Multi-project setup  1-4 active most likely, and eventually those
>> become a  maintenance stage, so still around.
>> I also "think" I would want to use windows authentication somehow (is
>> that ldap?) access to the subversion and trac environments.  simply
>> because outsources will be internal to the network, and may never
>> actually access trac directly.  I envision a eclipse/mylan interface
>> very possible to the subversion/trac data.  I also see direct
>> subversion access via subversion clients (TortiseSVN, svn command
>> line, etc.) which may never actually utilize the trac DB).  I have no
>> issue with requiring a second login to trac(via the nice web interface
>> in one of the above plugins, I forget which one), just not sure if it
>> is needed.  If there are other tools/plugins you think will make this
>> objective go more smoothly, great, I can use that too, please let me
>> know.  Things like TracMetrix etc. I might want to use, etc.
>> Basically, I need to manage multiple projects, which are managed by
>> multiple people, who manage multiple sources/levels of access. :D  All
>> on bleeping windows servers....with no external facing web access....
>>
>> I think it's just the run of the mill TracOnWindows/Advanced path, but
> [...]

We have worked out a secure solution with OForge[1].  We have two layers
of authorization.  The first is site wide and the second is per project.
  We do not yet have a way to redirect single project users to their
projects, which is a problem.  If they don't have the URL right, they
get an auth error.  Our needs are close to yours, our single projects
clients shouldn't even know other projects exist.

[1] http://code.optaros.com/trac/oforge