> If you can, try accessing without authentication by allowing XML-RPC
> access for everyone (by add XML_RPC action to anonymous).

good idea.  i upgraded to emacs 22.2 and tried, but now i get the
following error: "ERROR: The site seems not support XML-RPC."

hmm. is there a non-browser way to see if site is actually running
xmlrpc?  all but one of the xmlrpc options are ticked ("xmlrpcWeb") --
and xml_rpc does appear in the permissions pull-down menu.

> auth-storage
> issue described on trac-wiki page and you may take a workaround by specifying
> auth data by your hand like this (of course, fill your name, pass, site,
> etc.):
>
> (let ((auth (base64-encode-string (format "%s:%s" "yourname"
> "yourpassword"))))
>   (set (symbol-value 'url-basic-real-auth-storage)
>        `(("www.some.org:80" ("realm string for the site" . ,auth)))))

where would this code actually be inserted?

(note: i think there is a typo on your web page. shouldn't "url-digets-
auth-storage" be "url-digest-auth-storage"?)

> Anyway, I'll try with most recent emacs on debian later...

that would be great. (i see that you are running meadowy.org on trac
0.10.4 -- perhaps we should revert our site to this early version of
trac.)