2008/10/5 Eric Shubert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I'm confused too. ;)
>
> When I re-installed pre7 using easy_install, that seem to fix me up.
>
> When I tried installing pre8, I couldn't get easy_install to work because I
> didn't have an url to svn or tarball or zip, just an index html page.

Well, it *is* a valid svn url, just your easy_install doesn't
recognize it as such. This is a known incompatibility between older
versions of the setuptools client and newer Subversion servers. Either
update to setuptools-0.6c9, or use svn directly to checkout the
repository first, like this:

svn co http://svn.ipd.uka.de/repos/javaparty/JP/trac/plugins/tracnav-0.11
easy_install tracnav-0.11

(No need to download all files individually.)

> However, when I copy the pre8.egg to the global plugins location
> (/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/) and remove it from project/plugins/,
> restart apache, then I get an error in the web page saying:
> Error: Failed to load processor TracNav
> No macro or processor named 'TracNav' found
>
> I figure I'm not doing something quite right. Any idea what that might be?

Yes, you are missing one important step easy_install does for you: It
adds a reference to the .egg to easy-install.pth, so it can be found
by Python.

Regards,
Thomas