Looks like a feature of 0.12 are some "improvements" to pipe delimited
tables. However I dislike one of them. It breaks nearly every table we have
on trac. I'm referring to "specifying an empty cell means that the next non
empty cell will span the empty cells." from
http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/WikiFormatting#SimpleTables

It's a different default behavior, and isn't something I want often. Maybe
we can change it so a special character is used, like the = in the headers?
Something like:

||->||This is merged with the previous||

Thanks for listening,
Chris