I would like to know how. It would allow a middle ground between needing
all notifications so you are told about new things, and being told
nothing and having to check for interesting pages you can subscribe to.
Effectively, each new item advertises itself for subscription. I do
think one can have a mailing list in the AnnouncerPlugin that is only
active for certain actions on the item. That would solve it for me.

Can't you register as a change listener, and then check the history to see if it's new or actually changed? This is presumptive that the various change events fire on new page/ticket creation, but I'd at least dummy something up to test the theory. Once you have that, it's pretty simple to notify a list (or even grab all email addresses from the preferences) and tell folks about it.

--
SIXNET - Industrial and Wireless Connectivity
331 Ushers Road, Ballston Lake, NY 12019