On Tue, 2011-01-11 at 10:38 +0100, Christian Boos wrote:
> On 1/11/2011 10:25 AM, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

> >> It's due to a little regression from 0.12 that we already fixed for 0.12.2.
> >> In the meantime, you can apply that one-liner fix:
> >> http://trac.edgewall.org/changeset/10229/branches/0.12-stable
> > Shouldn't I be able to unzip the egg containing Trac, edit this file,
> > and remake the zip file? When I do that and run Trac, I get some
> > permission errors. The replacement egg file has the same permissions.
> >
> > Are python egg files made with any zip options I may have omitted?
> >
> > Here is what I get:
> >
> > ExtractionError: Can't extract file(s) to egg cache
>
> This is a setuptools error that sometimes happen when you trigger a
> re-install while the server is still running.
> Try doing a full restart?
>
> -- Christian

I stopped the apache server, as well as my browser.
I even cleaned out MyTrac/.egg-cache
I then restarted the apache server and then the browser.

This is the fill complaint:
{{{
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/trac/web/api.py", line 436, in send_error
    data, 'text/html')
  File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/trac/web/chrome.py", line 832, in
render_template
    template = self.load_template(filename, method=method)
  File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/trac/web/chrome.py", line 793, in
load_template
    self.get_all_templates_dirs(), auto_reload=self.auto_reload,
  File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/trac/web/chrome.py", line 506, in
get_all_templates_dirs
    dirs.extend(provider.get_templates_dirs() or [])
  File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/trac/web/chrome.py", line 484, in
get_templates_dirs
    pkg_resources.resource_filename('trac', 'templates'),
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 841, in
resource_filename
    self, resource_name
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 1311, in
get_resource_filename
    return self._extract_resource(manager, zip_path)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 1318, in
_extract_resource
    manager, os.path.join(zip_path, name)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 1365, in
_extract_resource
    manager.extraction_error()  # report a user-friendly error
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 887, in
extraction_error
    raise err
ExtractionError: Can't extract file(s) to egg cache

The following error occurred while trying to extract file(s) to the Python egg
cache:

  [Errno 20] Not a directory

The Python egg cache directory is currently set to:

  /vol1/trac/rsoft/.egg-cache

Perhaps your account does not have write access to this directory?  You can
change the cache directory by setting the PYTHON_EGG_CACHE environment
variable to point to an accessible directory.
}}}

/vol1/trac/rsoft/.egg-cache, and all files within have the proper
ownership: they are owned by the web server, which is where trac runs.

When I set back the egg without the change, all is ok again. It really
feels to me that there is some option when I am either unziping the egg
or when I am rezipping the egg. The egg files themselves have the same
permission.

OOC, when I am in the directory that I want to put in the egg, should I
do:

        zip -r ../xx.egg *

or

        zip -r ../xx.egg .