Personally I find it faster to scan email lists and reply quickly.
Forums tend to be slow and kludgy, the idea of them sounds nice.  But
it always seems to me they are much harder follow/watch and
participate in than mailing lists.  But that's just me...

No, it's not just you. :-)

For those who say that they want an archive of what was discussed available for those coming late to the party, well, that's what web-based email list archives are for. :-)

--
Matthew Caron
Build Engineer