We want to migrate to another ticket system, and trac seems the best choice.
My problem is that we have too many stuctured information for one ticket,
and trac's initial ticket layout is too simple. I would like to structure
the trac ticket by using tabs for example. This way every information would
be there, but only if the user is curious.

I'm also thinking to use what you mentioned, to show specified fields based
on some variable, but it would be nice to show everything, but in a
stuctured way..