@osimons : Yes , that's definitely about TracGViz plugin . Hopefully
these will be included in
next versions of XmlRpcPlugin ... once you approve and put a bit of
magic on the patch I'll
submit  hopefully soon ;)

@roger: Please if necessary disable it for the moment. I'll take a
look, but please mention the version of Trac , XmlRpcPlugin and
TracGViz you are using in order to reproduce this issue . Better
testing and new versions of the plugin are probably coming soon
;)

PS: You won't be able to retrieve timeline data in GViz format if the
underlying RPC handler is disabled

PS: PS: sorry about top-posting ...
:-$

On 8/29/11, Roger Oberholtzer <roger.oberholt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-08-29 at 00:24 -0700, osimons wrote:
>> On Aug 28, 4:45 pm, Roger Oberholtzer <roger.oberholt...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > I am exploring using the xml-rpc plugin in a Trac 0.12.2 system. When I
>> > access /rpc or /login/rpc on my site, I get this error:
>> >
>> > Exception: timeline.getEvents: <class xmlrpclib.DateTime at 0xb8769a7c>
>> > Traceback (most recent call last):
>> >   File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/tracrpc/web_ui.py", line 101, in
>> > _dump_docs
>> >     (method.signature,
>> >   File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/tracrpc/api.py", line 242, in
>> > _get_signature
>> >     args.insert(0, RPC_TYPES[sig.pop()] + ' ' + arg)
>> > KeyError: <class xmlrpclib.DateTime at 0xb8769a7c>
>>
>> Do you have any code / plugins that export Timeline RPC support?
>> timeline.getEvents is not part of the RPC plugin (it has no Timeline
>> support), and I can only really recommend selectively disabling other
>> plugins until something sticks out.
>>
>> RPC should work fine for 0.12.2+. I use it with latest 0.12, and all
>> functional tests pass for this version too - including tests for login
>> and serving documentation.
>
> It is tracgviz.rpc that causes the error. It describes itself as
> follows:
>
> "RPC handlers not included in TracXmlRpcPlugin and used to implement
> some data providers supporting Google Visualization API protocol."
>
> I have not explored if breaks very much having this part of tracgviz
> disabled. Some graphs still seem to work.
>

> --
> Roger Oberholtzer
>
> --

Regards,