It would be helpful if somebody who succeeded with this kind of integration
(Trac site whose web sites require authentication can be accessed from
Eclipse Mylyn) wrote up some documentation for the Trac (presumably also
Bloodhound) projects. (The Trac connector is one of few standard connectors
that come with Eclipse Mylyn.)

As for myself, I’ve sunk enough time into what IMHO should be a simple
requirement/procedure and am using an alternative project management/issue
tracking tool by now. Nevertheless, thanks for your help so far.