On Monday, December 5, 2016 at 12:38:24 AM UTC-8, Mingxing Tian wrote:

> [root@host105 ~]# easy_install --upgrade Trac
> Searching for Trac
> Reading https://pypi.python.org/simple/Trac/
> Download error on https://pypi.python.org/simple/Trac/: [Errno 101]
> Network is unreachable -- Some packages may not be found!
> Couldn't retrieve index page for 'Trac'
> Scanning index of all packages (this may take a while)
> Reading https://pypi.python.org/simple/
> Best match: Trac 1.0.13
> Processing Trac-1.0.13-py2.6.egg
> Trac 1.0.13 is already the active version in easy-install.pth
> Installing trac-admin script to /usr/bin
> Installing tracd script to /usr/bin
>
> Using /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Trac-1.0.13-py2.6.egg
> Processing dependencies for Trac
> Finished processing dependencies for Trac
> You have new mail in /var/spool/mail/root
>

> The upgrade process seems to have nothing to do?

It looks like you have a network problem. Maybe you are behind a proxy or
corporate firewall?

In general, I suggest using pip rather than easy_install.
https://pip.pypa.io/en/stable/installing/
$ pip install -U Trac

Another option, you could download and install from source:

$ wget
https://pypi.python.org/packages/de/38/7d6604d907bf37b18a0501ff00d02c9fb60182c74313e23508824620e4f3/Trac-1.2.tar.gz#md5=ff3a7d78099a269ae2035a6cf8adccbb
$ tar xzvf Trac-1.2.tar.gz
$ cd Trac 1.2