Hi,

I was working on ticket view on trac 0.12.7. I had used the following shown
plugin to create a permission TICKET_VIEW_STATUS and allow the user to see
the tickets with status "test".

# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
#
# Copyright (C) 2017 Edgewall Software
# All rights reserved.
#
# This software is licensed as described in the file COPYING, which
# you should have received as part of this distribution. The terms
# are also available at http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracLicense.
#
# This software consists of voluntary contributions made by many
# individuals. For the exact contribution history, see the revision
# history and logs, available at http://trac.edgewall.org/log/.

from trac.core import *
from trac.perm import IPermissionPolicy, IPermissionRequestor
from trac.resource import ResourceNotFound
from trac.ticket.model import Ticket

class StatusDeskPolicy(Component):
    """Provides a permission for restricting ticket actions to the
    ticket owner.
    """

    implements(IPermissionPolicy, IPermissionRequestor)

    # IPermissionRequestor methods

    def get_permission_actions(self):
        return ['TICKET_VIEW_STATUS']

    # IPermissionPolicy methods

    def check_permission(self, action, username, resource, perm):
        if username != 'anonymous' and \
                action == 'TICKET_VIEW' and \
                'TICKET_ADMIN' not in perm:
            if 'TICKET_VIEW_STATUS' in perm:
                if resource is None or \
                        resource.realm == 'ticket' and \
                        resource.id is None:
                    return True
                elif resource.realm == 'ticket' and \
                        resource.id is not None:
                    try:
                        ticket = Ticket(self.env, resource.id)
                    except ResourceNotFound:
                        pass
                    else:
                        return ticket['status']=='test'

Now I would like to add another status to this code like
"Accepted_for_test" , for so I just tried changing the last line as follows:

return ticket['status']=='test', 'accepted_for_test'

But by doing the following change, Now the user is able to view all
tickets, which I was not expecting. Is there any problem with the syntax?
or I am missing something? Kindly guide me in this regard.

Regards,
SF