We are not on the type of configurations you mentioned, our installation is a Trac 1.0 configured with CGI for Apache connection.

But your remarks made me think about it: the particularity of our system is that the developers commit to the SVN repository with 'svn+ssh' protocol. Each developer has a user account on the server and belongs to the Unix group of the project.

Perhaps this is a lead to explain the issue in the hook.

Nicolas