Are you sure that you have python 2.7 installed?  I believe that starting
with Ubuntu server 16.04.1, the default python version is set to 3.5, not
2.7.  Trac still requires 2.7.x.  Try running:
python --version
to see what version of python that you are using.

If you are using the 3.5 branch of python, you will very likely need to
install python 2.7 for trac to work:
sudo apt-get install python2.7
should work to start installing python 2.7.

chris