On Monday, January 15, 2018 at 12:10:31 AM UTC-8, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 8:27 PM, RjOllos <rjol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 2:20:36 AM UTC-8, Roger Oberholtzer
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Have I perhaps missed something in the CodeComment plugin: When a
> >> comment is added, there is no notification (e.g., e-mail) or entry in
> >> the timeline. Should there be?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Roger Oberholtzer
> >

> > This plugin?:
> > https://github.com/trac-hacks/trac-code-comments-plugin
>
> That's the one.
>
> > It should send notifications. If not, I would start by checking the
> logs.
> > There is a [code_comments] notify_self option that can be either true or
> > false.
>
> I have this in my ini file:
>
> code_comments.api.codecommentsystem = enabled
> code_comments.comment_macro.codecommentlinkmacro = enabled
> code_comments.db.codecommentssetup = enabled
> code_comments.notification.codecommentchangelistener = enabled
> code_comments.subscription.subscriptionadmin = disabled
> code_comments.subscription.subscriptionlisteners = disabled
> code_comments.subscription.subscriptionmodule = disabled
> code_comments.ticket_event_listener.updateticketcodecomments = enabled
> code_comments.web.bundlecommentsredirect = enabled
> code_comments.web.codecomments = enabled
> code_comments.web.commentsrest = enabled
> code_comments.web.deletecommentform = enabled
> code_comments.web.jsdataforrequests = enabled
> code_comments.web.listcomments = enabled
> code_comments.web.mainnavigation = enabled
> code_comments.web.wikipreview = enabled
>
> Is there more that can be configured?
>
> I don't know what to be looking for in the log.

I would look for the error "Failure sending notification":
https://github.com/trac-hacks/trac-code-comments-plugin/blob/master/code_comments/notification.py#L109

The plugin hasn't been modified for the Trac 1.2 notification API changes,
but should still work because of the legacy support in Trac 1.2. The plugin
also doesn't have support for AnnouncerPlugin.

- Ryan