Hi David,

we are using Trac 1.0 in Windows 2012 (Python 2.7.15) and Visual SVN on the
same server without major problems. Tortoise SVN is at client side. Visual
SVN allows to define post-commit hooks which is sufficient for our work. We
have three repositories defined in the Trac and we can overview commits and
source changes from the Trac. The only problem we have is the Trac speed on
Windows because we did not find configuration which could handle parallel
user requests in several processes. For this reason Apache on Linux seems
to be better. We are still using tracd web server. Also the Trac 1.3
rendering speed is promising but we are still waiting.

@JWD
Recommendation for upgrade from 0.12:
Create a separate Python/Trac environment and try the upgrade in this
environment. If you are not using many Trac plugins then it should be
relatively easy. You may even install new Python, Trac 1.0 or higher (but I
would recommend smaller steps) and copy the existing Trac to this
environment. Trac will ask for database upgrade and then it works for me
obviously.

But first of all read the links proposed by Ryan.

Pavel