On Friday, December 4, 2020 at 8:20:41 AM UTC-8 evol...@gmail.com wrote:

> hi Ryan,
> Looks that the next step is to 're-deploy' static assets.
> In my case Project is located under D:\Trac\NBDR hence I did the following:
>
> D:\Trac\NBDR>trac-admin . deploy  D:\Trac\NBDR
>
> Error: Resources cannot be deployed to a target directory that is equal to
> or below the source directory 'd:\trac\NBDR\htdocs'.

This is a common mistake, which is why that error message was added. If you
deploy to D:\Trac\NBDR, the cgi-bin and htdocs directories will be created:
D:\Trac\NBDR\cgi-bin
D:\Trac\NBDR\htdocs

But there's already a D:\Trac\NBDR\htdocs directory containing the custom
site code, and files are extracted from that location in the deploy
operation, which leads to a recursion error.

Usually, you want to separate out the private and public assets.

D:\Trac\NBDR is the Trac environment. The static assets should be deployed
outside this location, to a location served public. This might be
D:\Trac\public or D:\Trac\www.

$ trac-admin D:\Trac\NBDR deploy D:\Trac\www

and point the webserver Aliases to D:\Trac\www per:
https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracInstall#cgi-bin

> Please choose a different target directory and try again.
>
> D:\Trac\NBDR>
>
> Obviously I can't re-deploy at the same location. I want to leave my
> Project at the same location as it now.
>
> My question: how could I handle it? Could I deploy e.g. to D:\Temp and
> then move back to D:\Trac\NBDR? Could you advice?

I advise against putting your public resources in D:\Trac\NBDR\htdocs. If
you want to deploy below D:\Trac\NBDR, use D:\Trac\NBDR\www:

$ trac-admin D:\Trac\NBDR deploy D:\Trac\NBDR\www

and point the webserver Aliases to D:\Trac\NBDR\www