I suspected as much.  Other plugins have complained about Genshi but I was able to install it and they worked.  So I can imagine some ongoing degradation there so long as a plugin requires it.

I am still interested in looking into it and have forked the git repo here: https://github.com/robert-kuropkat/testman4trac just so I can tinker and learn without mucking up any other effort.

Robert