Philippe Vaucher <> writes:

> Hello,

Hi Philippe,

> The discussion eventually resulted with someone making a lot of
> suggestions on how TRAMP should be, what was done "wrong" in it, etc.
> When suggested to communicate upstream, the person was not interested
> at all but showed a paste of custom hacks with comments suggesting
> areas where TRAMP could be improved... I kept this paste aside and I
> fell on it today so I'm sending it, in the hope it helps improving

Thanks for this!

> I know the tone of the paste is not very constructive, please try to
> see past it and focus on the ideas/leads mentionned instead.

No problem. It's not the first time I'm flamed because of Tramp ...

> Here is the paste:
> Maybe some or all of these comments are not relevant anymore, maybe
> the ideas are not really good ideas after all, or maybe it'd be too
> much work to implement some of the ideas... but I thought that it's
> for emacs-devel to decide.
> If there are ideas worth considering, it's probably a good idea to
> start new threads for each ideas, assuming they need somewhat deep
> discussions.

I will go through case by case. After a first look, some of the problems
are fixed indeed, some other comments need more investigation.

I have added also <>, since this is the primary
discussion list for Tramp issues.

> Kind regards,
> Philippe

Best regards, Michael.