I'm not sure there are any negatives, but it does suggest that you
have more than one instance of Transfer running, which might be
something you want to avoid.

If I were in your shoes I'd dig a bit deeper to figure out why there
is more than one instance of Transfer being generated, and attempt to
stop that from happening.

Bob

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 12:21 PM, Chris H <3darkli...@gmail.com> wrote:

> w00t, i set the defaultcache scope in the transfer config to
> "application" and all is well now!
> any negatives to doing this instaed of the "instance" scope?
>
> On Jan 27, 5:53 pm, Chris H <3darkli...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Well, there is just one bean with all the remote methods that's
>> injected all the external beans it needs.
>> those external beans all extend an AbstractGateway with a generic
>> update function. which is why i'm confused, because the object that
>> works is calling the same thing generic update function as the others
>> that don't. here are the procedures that function calls:
>>
>> <cfset var UpdateTO = get( TransferClassName =
>> Arguments.TransferClassName, ID = Arguments.ID )>
>> <cfinvoke component="#UpdateTO#" method="set#Arguments.Field#">
>>   <cfinvokeargument name="#Arguments.Field#"
>> value="#Arguments.Value#">
>> </cfinvoke>
>> <cfset getTransfer().save( UpdateTO )>
>>
>> thanks for your time Chris!
>>
>> On Jan 27, 5:21 pm, Chris Peterson <overrid...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > can you paste the config in coldspring.xml for a non-working remote method,
>> > and a working one, then paste the contents of a non-working service call
>> > (that fails to persist) and the one that persists properly?
>>
>> > Chris

>> > --
>> > Hey! I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do
>> > what you tell me to do! ~ Bender (Futurama)

--
Bob Silverberg
www.silverwareconsulting.com