thanks for your replies!
i'm only defining Transfer once in ColdSpring.xml:

<bean id="TransferFactory" class="transfer.TransferFactory">
  <constructor-arg name="datasourcePath"><value>/config/
TransferDatasource.xml.cfm</value></constructor-arg>
  <constructor-arg name="configPath"><value>/config/Transfer.xml.cfm</
value></constructor-arg>
  <constructor-arg name="definitionPath"><value>/model/TransferData</
value></constructor-arg>
</bean>
<bean id="Transfer" class="transfer.com.Transfer" factory-
bean="transferFactory" factory-method="getTransfer" />

could it be a ColdSpring problem? what confuses me is that it works
for one Object via Remote Proxy/Ajax calls, but not for the others.