Hi,

I have an application which uses a Flex front end, with
CF/Coldspring/Transfer on the backend.

I'm starting to see a bunch of NullPointerExceptions when methods are called
from the Flex app, but with no consistency as to which methods error.

All of the stack traces begin with:

=========================
"Error","jrpp-7","02/09/10","19:23:25",,""
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at coldfusion.util.Utils.getServletPath(Utils.java:86)
    at coldfusion.util.Utils.getServletPath(Utils.java:76)
    at coldfusion.util.Utils.getBaseTemplatePath(Utils.java:405)
    at
coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxyFactory.getTemplateFileHelper(TemplateProxyFactory.java:1514)
    at
coldfusion.runtime.MetadataUtils.getComponentMetadata(MetadataUtils.java:112)
    at
coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.GetComponentMetaData(CfJspPage.java:2667)
    at
coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.getRuntimeComponentMetadata(TemplateProxy.java:1755)
    at
coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.getRuntimeMetadata(TemplateProxy.java:1616)
    at coldfusion.runtime.MetadataUtils.getMetaData(MetadataUtils.java:54)
    at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.GetMetaData(CfJspPage.java:2640)
    at
cfAbstractBaseMeta2ecfc803585718$funcCLONE.runFunction(C:\webApps\frameworks\transfer\com\object\AbstractBaseMeta.cfc:33)
    at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:472)
    at coldfusion.filter.SilentFilter.invoke(SilentFilter.java:47)
    at
coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ReturnTypeFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:405)
    at
coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:368)
    at
coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.java:55)
    at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:321)
    at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:220)
    at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:490)
    at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:336)
    at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invoke(CfJspPage.java:2360)
    at
cfAbstractBaseMeta2ecfc803585718$funcCLONEARRAY.runFunction(C:\webApps\frameworks\transfer\com\object\AbstractBaseMeta.cfc:68)
================================

This is CF9 on a Windows 2008 server, Tranfer 1.1g and Coldspring most
recent stable.

I don't know that the issue is Transfer - and I can't reproduce the errors
when the methods are called from a .cfm page - just Flex.

But because all the errors seem to occur around the AbstractBaseMeta clone
statement, I thought I'd ask around here.

--
Thanks,

Tom

Tom McNeer