my 2c worth - I'm always a bit dubious about these meta-frameworks.  Why
would you be changing to another ORM if not to take advantage of its new
features?  New features which are highly unlikely to be catered for in your
lowest-common-denominator meta-framework.  This kind of thing makes sense
for software vendors who must ship into also sorts of different
environments, and occasionally makes sense as a stepping stone in a big
migration - and as we all know, big migrations are to be avoided wherever
possible.  Otherwise I reckon just pick your framework and code to its
strengths.

Jaime