<cfset query=rc.transfer.createQuery(
"select text from pages join
menus on pages.id=menus.FK_page where menus.id=:menuId")>

Should be:

<cfset query=rc.transfer.createQuery(
"select *pages.*text from pages join
menus on pages.id=menus.FK_page where menus.id=:menuId")>

You need to qualify the object that the property is coming from.

Mark

--
E: mark.man...@gmail.com
T: http://www.twitter.com/neurotic