Hi Gustavo,

> Lars, I've installed ssmtp and it works fine; however, I'm still
> getting the same error in Pootle when someone tries to create an
> account; do I have to do something else?
>
> Anyways, /usr/bin/mail is a softlink to /usr/sbin/ssmtp

just to make sure, that I understand you correctly:

1) did you configure "AuthUser" and "AuthPass" in ssmtp.conf? (otherwise your
real mail server would (?) still refuse to relay mails for other domains)

2) did you manually try to send a mail to an external domain (not managed by
your mailserver) via ssmtp?
 e.g.: echo foo | ssmtp -s "subject bar" [EMAIL PROTECTED]

regards,
Lars