Hello, Lars.

On 1/13/08, Lars Kruse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Gustavo,
>
> > I configured AuthUser and AuthPass, and I could send emails after
> > configuring ssmtp.
>
> hm - it looks, like I will run out of ideas quite soon ...
>

> just another two questions:
>
> 1) you surely did not forget to reconfigure the smtp server in pootle to
> point to "localhost"?

Oh, sorry, I didn't set it to "localhost". However, I've corrected
that entry, restarted Pootle, but it's not working yet: When I create
an account, I get message shown in the attached screenshot, but I
never receive the activation email.

> 2) please try to run the attached python script ("python mailtest.py") on
> the
> pootle host. You should change the sender and recipient mail address to some
> realistic values (the domains may not be the ones that are managed by your
> mail
> hub).
> What is the output?
> Does the mail arrive at its destination?

I've attached the output and the email doesn't arrive at its destination.

Thank you!

  - Gustavo.
translate ~: python test.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "test.py", line 5, in ?
    smtp.connect("localhost")
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/smtplib.py", line 310, in connect
    raise socket.error, msg
socket.error: (111, 'Connection refused')