Clytie Siddall wrote:

> For example "Quick Translate" doesn't explain what it does. How about
> "Translate blank/fuzzy"? Then it would be obvious to the most
> doc-allergic user. (To make it briefer, if necessary, "Edit blank/fuzzy"?)

I agree completely.  My suggestions are:

* View all
* View untranslated

I don't think a link that takes the user to a string that is already
translated should be labelled "Translate".

>> In countries where sending data through the web can be time consuming,
>> this UI improvement would be great.  Sending data asynchronously with
>> AJAX (?) may also help.

> Is this useful? I said I would pass it on.

Saying "use Ajax" is just another way of saying "rewrite everything from
scratch"... although not all people realise what they're requesting.
Ajax is great, but to implement it one would have to rewrite Pootle.
But I'm not an Ajax expert.

I think there are other ways (HTML ways) to solve the problem of speed.
  One way is to allow users to edit more than one string on a single
page, with a single "Submit" button at the bottom.

Is it possible to let a browser submit form content while at the same
time loading the next page?  I mean, usually a page loads only once the
submitted information has finished submitting, but how about a solution
has the option to let "Submit" open a new page with the next strings,
while the previous page keeps sending the submit information "in the
background"?

> Certainly we need to provide
> for people with very slow or hideously unreliable Net connections.

Pootle is meant to be used by people with fast, always-on internet
connections.  There's no getting away from that.

Samuel