Great!  I think sourceforge is fine as long as we place it in the proper
release infrastructure. At the very least it will make it easy for
someone to test the server.  Plus set one up correctly, we've had a few
people start writing their own "Pootle" because they didn't switch
simple things like terminology and TM on.

On Wed, 2008-09-17 at 16:39 +0200, Urso Wieske wrote:
> Ok,
>
> I am going to to do my first shot!! ;-)
> Let me check a that Ubuntu or Debian.
>
> To be contiued..
>
> Cheers
> Urso
>

> 2008/9/17, Wynand Winterbach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >
> > Hi Urso & other Pootlers,
> >
> > I can't commit myself to this (interesting) project at the moment, but I
> > can give technical support. I can also help to test a VM image.
> >
> > The easiest path is to choose a Debian or Ubuntu image, since there is
> > an existing Debian package for Pootle. But since it's your project, it's
> > up to you :).
> >
> > I don't know where you'll be able to upload an image. It will be hard to
> > create an image smaller than 70 MiB (and even that seems overly
> > optimistic). Sourceforge might balk at such a large file.
> >
> > I'll keep my eyes open for a server.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Wynand
> > > Ok,
> > >
> > > I am willing to make that step towards VM as a test.
> > > First we need:
> > > - create a VM based on some system requirements(memory, diskspace, etc
> > etc)
> > > - Pootle prerequisites (python, svn, etc etc)
> > > - Pootle installation
> > > - Pootle configuration
> > > - A place to upload the VM machine for public download. (some sourceforge
> > > project or whatsoever)
> > >
> > > And then we need someone with extensible knowledge about Pootle Server.
> > >
> > > The problem is I am new to Pootle , so I have dig into the documentations
> > of
> > > Pootle myself.
> > >
> > > Someone interested to join me?
> > > Urso

> > world
> > challenge
> > > Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win great
> > prizes
> > > Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the
> > world
> > > http://moblin-contest.org/redirect.php?banner_id=100&url=/
Dwayne Bailey
Associate                                      +27 12 460 1095 (w)
Translate.org.za                               +27 83 443 7114 (c)

Recent blog posts:
* The birth of the GNU generation
http://www.translate.org.za/blogs/dwayne/en/content/birth-gnu-generation
* Firefox users experience discrimination
* RPM packages for py lib 0.9.2