Op Wo, 2009-01-14 om 15:21 +0100 skryf Leandro Regueiro:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 3:20 PM, Leandro Regueiro
> <leandro.regue...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi, what are the plans for a standalone TM server?
>
> Are you thinking on making also a server for terminology (a TBX
> server)??
>
> Bye,
>               Leandro Regueiro

Hallo Leandro

As I'm writing this, a TM server is appearing in the Translate Toolkit
which will work as a standalone server. It is written to scale well, and
to give queries over HTTP in Jason, so it should integrate easily with
other translation tools as well.

For now we are focusing on using this for Virtaal, but Pootle should be
in line very soon (after we sort out a few other things first).
Obviously anybody is free to start using the server as soon as they
want. Currently it only works with sqlite, but porting to another
database should be reasonably easy. (There are a few things specific to
sqlite.)

My guess is that it will start to be testable later today, so you might
want to keep an eye on SVN. If you aren't so keen, you can just wait for
the next release, which isn't that far away.

For TBX - that should be easy to do. We already have terminology
suggestion code, and we can read TBX files.

What did you have in mind for such a server?

--
Recently on my blog:
http://translate.org.za/blogs/friedel/en/content/language-and-dialect-codes