Op Di, 2010-04-27 om 12:44 +0200 skryf Martin Bagge / brother:
> Hi
> I am running Pootle 2.0.1 (Translate Toolkit 1.5.3) and have noticed an
> odd thing with the uncganed string check under review.
>
> If the message in question is a plural and the change occures in the
> latter part of the plural but not the first part the message will be
> flagged as unchanged.
>
> This example is for a Swedish translation where "byte" in Swedish is used
> for both one and many bytes.
>
> msgid "%u byte"
> msgid_plural "%u bytes"
> msgstr[0] "%u byte"
> msgstr[1] "%u byte"
>
> This is a false positive for the second version and I guess the check does
> not run on that part.
>
> Is this something that you plan to solve some day? Or maybe already solved
> in the a newer version?

Hi Martin

The issue of the plurals were recently discussed on the translate-devel
mailing list, and I'd like to link to it:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=20100422204109.aaacf9d3.pknbe%40volny.cz&forum_name=translate-devel

Plurals in your case in particular is maybe a bit easier, but in general
it is complex to know which form of the translation should be compared
to which form of the source text.

If any possible error is detected, the test will complain about the
whole unit. So in this case, at least the singular seems to be
unchanged, so even if we do something more clever for the plural, I
guess the test will always (and rightly so) indicate that something in
this unit is unchanged.

What is the behaviour that you suggest?

Friedel

--