Just a heads-up, I'm currently looking into the FTBFS of firebird3.0 [1]
on powerpc and the backtrace seems to tell the same story:

(sid_powerpc-dchroot)glaubitz@partch:~/firebird3.0-$ gdb 
GNU gdb (Debian 7.11.1-2) 7.11.1
Copyright (C) 2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "powerpc-linux-gnu".
Type "show configuration" for configuration details.
For bug reporting instructions, please see:
Find the GDB manual and other documentation resources online at:
For help, type "help".
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word"...
Reading symbols from 
(gdb) run
Starting program: 
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/powerpc-linux-gnu/libthread_db.so.1".
gpre:  no source file named.

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x0fa79960 in _IO_wsetb () from /lib/powerpc-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
(gdb) bt
#0  0x0fa79960 in _IO_wsetb () from /lib/powerpc-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
#1  0x0fa88dac in ?? () from /lib/powerpc-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
#2  0x0fa3cd58 in ?? () from /lib/powerpc-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
#3  0x0fa3ce30 in exit () from /lib/powerpc-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
#4  0x10027f28 in CPR_exit (stat=263831632) at ./src/gpre/gpre.cpp:978
Backtrace stopped: previous frame inner to this frame (corrupt stack?)

Anyone has reported this to glibc upstrem yet?


> [1]

You received this bug notification because you are a member of
Translators Packages, which is subscribed to lua5.1 in Ubuntu.

  FTBFS on powerpc

Status in glibc package in Ubuntu:
Status in lua5.1 package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in lua5.2 package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in lua5.3 package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  On Matthias's archive rebuild for Xenial, we see build failures for
  lua5.1, lua5.2, and lua5.3 on powerpc:


  I've done some investigation, but not found the source of the
  problems.  Trying to capture what I know here.

  The build fails because part of the build tries to run `src/lua5.3 -v`
  and that segfaults.  It crashes after main() exits in _IO_wsetb() in
  glibc's wgenops.c:105.  This is because f->_wide_data points to bogus
  data.  Setting a breakpoint in main() doesn't help because the data is
  already corrupted by then.  Setting a breakpoint in _start or _init
  and then a watchpoint on this point shows that it gets corrupted in
  _IO_check_libio() in glibc's oldstdfiles.c.  We then thought the
  likely culprit was compilation with g++ but linkage with gcc, however
  fixing that to compile and link *everything* with g++ doesn't solve
  the problem.  This is the change we made in 5.3.1-1ubuntu1, which can
  be thrown away.

  But the problem *is* related to lua5.3's d/patches/0001-build-
  system.patch because if you remove that from the quilt stack, you end
  up with a src/lua (not version numbered) for which `lua -v` doesn't

  My only other thought was that maybe libtool was corrupting things,
  but I wasn't able to prove that.  I tried various other
  transformations of that patch without success.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~translators-packages
Post to     : translators-packages@lists.launchpad.net
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~translators-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to