Ok, the issue with firebird3.0 in Debian has been resolved, see [1].
And, this isn't actually a toolchain or glibc regression, the behavior
is by design, see [2].

To cut a long story short, when using version scripts, an application
**must** always export the _IO_stdin_used symbol as it is used by glibc
to determine the libio ABI.


> [1] https://bugs.debian.org/840666
> [2] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-glibc/2001-12/msg00203.html

** Bug watch added: Debian Bug tracker #840666

You received this bug notification because you are a member of
Translators Packages, which is subscribed to lua5.1 in Ubuntu.

  FTBFS on powerpc

Status in glibc package in Ubuntu:
Status in lua5.1 package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in lua5.2 package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in lua5.3 package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  On Matthias's archive rebuild for Xenial, we see build failures for
  lua5.1, lua5.2, and lua5.3 on powerpc:


  I've done some investigation, but not found the source of the
  problems.  Trying to capture what I know here.

  The build fails because part of the build tries to run `src/lua5.3 -v`
  and that segfaults.  It crashes after main() exits in _IO_wsetb() in
  glibc's wgenops.c:105.  This is because f->_wide_data points to bogus
  data.  Setting a breakpoint in main() doesn't help because the data is
  already corrupted by then.  Setting a breakpoint in _start or _init
  and then a watchpoint on this point shows that it gets corrupted in
  _IO_check_libio() in glibc's oldstdfiles.c.  We then thought the
  likely culprit was compilation with g++ but linkage with gcc, however
  fixing that to compile and link *everything* with g++ doesn't solve
  the problem.  This is the change we made in 5.3.1-1ubuntu1, which can
  be thrown away.

  But the problem *is* related to lua5.3's d/patches/0001-build-
  system.patch because if you remove that from the quilt stack, you end
  up with a src/lua (not version numbered) for which `lua -v` doesn't

  My only other thought was that maybe libtool was corrupting things,
  but I wasn't able to prove that.  I tried various other
  transformations of that patch without success.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~translators-packages
Post to     : translators-packages@lists.launchpad.net
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~translators-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to